DR ERANGA SIRIWEERA
– Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka)(MBBS)
– Doctor of Medicine (Histopathology) (University of Colombo, Sri Lanka)
– Fellowship of the Royal College of Pathologists Australasia (FRCPA)
Eranga was trained at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Peradeniya and Teaching Hospital Peradeniya Sri Lanka. She underwent further training at Liverpool Hospital Sydney and Royal Darwin Hospital. Eranga has almost 10 years’ experience as a consultant histopathologist in Sri Lanka. She obtained her Australian Fellowship qualifications (FRCPA) in 2018. Eranga has been involved in undergraduate teaching of medical students in Sri Lanka and postgraduate training of histopathology trainees.
Eranga’s research interests are in the field of breast, thyroid and HPV related pathology and she is an award-winning presenter at national and regional academic sessions in Sri Lanka. She has contributed as a resource person for national and regional workshops. Eranga was a member of the Board of Study in Pathology, Sri Lanka and a member of the council and scientific committee of the College of Pathologists of Sri Lanka as well as the co-editor of the Journal of Diagnostic Pathology.
– Breast pathology
– Thyroid pathology
– Gastrointestinal pathology
Articles & Presentations
- Eranga Himalee Siriweera, Zhengyan Qi, Jim. L. C. Yong. Validity of lntraepithelial Lymphocyte Count in the Diagnosis of Celiac Disease: A Histopathological Study. International Journal of Celiac Disease, 2015, Vol. 3, No. 4, 156-158
- Zardawi I, Siriweera E. Pellets in the appendix, New England journal of Medicine 2013, 396; 6
- Siriweera EH, Ratnatunga NVI. Profile of Hashimoto’s thyroiditis in Sri Lankans. Is there an increased risk of ancillary Pathologies in Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis? Journal of thyroid research, Vol 2010(2010); 5pages
- Siriweera EH, Ratnatunga NVI, Peiris R, Kumarasinghe N. Isolated intracranial Rosai Dorfman disease. Journal of Diagnostic pathology 2011 (6); 1:44-