Dr Corwin Willys
Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists (RCPA)
Bachelor of Biomedical Science (BBiomedSc Uni Melb)
Certificate III in Logistics
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) with Honours (UQ)
Dr Corwin Willys graduated with honours from The University of Queensland and also holds a Bachelor of Biomedical Science from The University of Melbourne. After developing an interest in surgical pathology at the Princess Alexandra Hospital he undertook research projects in the molecular genetics of cancer at the Ludwig Institute and the Walter and Eliza Hall Institutes, with a focus on proteomics and nuclear magnetic resonance imaging.
Corwin completed his specialist training in Anatomical Pathology in Melbourne at Western Health and the Royal Women’s and Children’s Hospitals. Corwin is a member of the Gold Coast Medical Association and the Australasian Gastrointestinal Pathology Society.
Corwin has extensive experience in gastrointestinal pathology, breast pathology, head and neck tumours, skin and lung pathology. He is passionate about trialling and validating the latest biomarkers and immunohistochemistry antibodies, including multiplex methods, which are extraordinarily powerful tools in the armamentarium of the diagnostic oncologic pathologist.
Articles & presentations:
- Willys C, Dawson B. “Oncocytic Papillary Cystadenoma”. European Annals of Otorhinolaryngology, 2020.
- Willys, C. “Updates in PD-L1 immunohistochemistry”. QAP Quality Symposium, Sydney 2019.
- Willys C, Weitzer M. “Ovarian low grade serous carcinoma”. Journal of Pathology, 2014; 46(S1):84.
- Willys C, Mukta R. “Atypical histiocytic proliferation with features of histiocytic sarcoma”. Journal of Pathology, 2013; 45(S1):87.
- Willys C, Gordon RD, Jeske YW, Kelemen L, So A, Stowasser M. “Potassium channels, HERG mutations, and hormonal secretion: possible involvement in primary aldosteronism”. Proceedings of the High Blood Pressure Research Council of Australia Annual Scientific Meeting. Journal of Hypertension, 2008; 52:163-180.